Types of Funding from Landcare Australia
Landcare Australia facilitates several exciting funding opportunities for Landcare, Junior Landcare, Landcare Farming and Coastcare groups.
Landcare Australia brokers partnerships with a range of companies to provide resources for Landcare and other community volunteer groups. There are two main grants processes that Landcare Australia use these can be broadly described as ‘Open’ and ‘Closed’ grants processes. The key feature of each are:
This process is predominantly used to manage partnerships focused upon a large number of small value grants.
- Grants round advertised to the landcare movement through Landcare magazine, social media, newsletters, website and media campaigns.
- Grants criteria well defined
- Groups submit applications by completing a standard application which addresses the criteria by the closing date
- Landcare Australia staff assess the applicants against the criteria
- Shortlist of projects provided to the corporate partner for approval
- Projects approved, normally with none or only minor changes to the presented list of projects
- Applicants notified of outcome
- Letter of offer sent to successful applicants
- Successful applicants invoice Landcare Australia
- Landcare Australia makes payment to groups
- Projects implemented
- Project reports provided within defined timeframe
- A variation on the process is used predominantly for sustainable agriculture grants where the grants may only open to members of the supply chain of the funding partner.
For a number of funding partners their focus is to financially support a small number of projects on targeted topics or in targeted areas. In these cases, Landcare Australia uses its knowledge of the Landcare and other community volunteer groups to match funding partners to appropriate projects. In order to effectively do this, Landcare Australia needs to maintain a high degree of knowledge of group priorities. The easiest way this is achieved is through groups updating their priority projects on the National Landcare Directory.
Junior Landcare Grants
Through the Junior Landcare Grants Program, any school or organisation (including youth groups, scouts, day care centres etc.) that would like to involve their students in Landcare projects, in partnership with local Landcare groups, can apply for grants to assist them with the cost of their projects.
For more information on Junior Landcare Grants visit: www.juniorlandcare.com.au
For current funding opportunities relevant to Landcare or to promote a funding opportunity, please visit our LIFE website.